revision date: 14 juni 2019
Securing your privacy is something we find very important. Q-lite strives to process all the personal information you entrust us with, in a correct and transparent way. While doing this, we constantly follow the legal obligations the same way they were defined in the ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ (GDPR).
Every question you possibly have regarding your privacy and our processing activities can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To whom does this privacy notification apply?
- Who are we?
- What is the scope of this privacy notification?
- Why do we use your personal data?
- How did we obtain your personal data?
- Which personal data do we process?
- Why are we allowed to use this data?
- With whom do we share personal data?
- Cookie notification
- Protection of personal data
- How long are your personal data stored for?
- What are your rights?
- Changes to this privacy notification
To whom does this privacy notification apply?
This notification is applicable to all external persons of whom we process personal information, including clients, suppliers and visitors on our website.
Who are we?
The following companies (jointly called Q-lite): BTI nv (BE0441193810), Q-lite BVBA (BE0460689028), Q-lite BV (KvK 18.03.81.56) all located at the visiting address Wiekenweg 13, 2387 Baarle-Hertog, Belgium, are each responsible for the processing of your personal data.
What is the scope of this privacy notification?
With this notification we wish to inform you about how and why we process your personal data when we do business with you or when you visit our website. This notification also contains information about the third parties (our processors) with whom we share data and how you can wield your privacy rights as defined in the GDPR.
Waarom gebruiken we uw persoonsgegevens?
Q-lite uses your personal data only for the following predefined purposes:
- Maintaining business contacts for sale, rental or maintenance of our products.
- Maintenance of business contacts for the purchase of products and services.
- Measuring customer satisfaction for improving our services.
- Measuring supplier performance.
How did we obtain your personal data?
Q-lite only collects personal data from business contacts through direct contact between you and us. This includes:
- Direct contact in the context of the purchase or sale of products or services. This direct contact can take place electronically or in person through a visit of a representative or at trade fairs.
- This can be done by e-mail, text message, orally (by telephone, during a visit to your company, at an event, training, etc.), visit on our website or webshop, by issuing your business card or in any other possible way. This also happens when you are registered with us by your company or organization as a contact person for our services or when you, as a private customer, are notified by third parties in order to make use of our services.
- We may also collect your data if it has been made publicly available, or if you have made it public yourself and it would appear that you are the right contact person for us to go in dialogue with in the context of our services.
Which personal data do we process?
Q-lite only processes the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data
- Work related information
Why are we allowed to use this data?
We may process your personal data in the context of a contractual agreement so that we are able to deliver you products and services (such as maintenance).
If a contract has been concluded, we may also contact you in the context of the legitimate interests of the organization for direct marketing and newsletters as long as they are related to Q-lite products and services.
With whom do we share personal data?
Q-lite only shares personal data with the following third parties:
- Software suppliers
Q-lite uses a number of software packages to support the business activities. These software suppliers only have access to the stored data for the provision of software support.
Q-lite uses the following cookies:
- Website analysis cookies (these cookies are used for statistical purposes over the visited pages of the website).
- Social media cookies (these cookies are used to allow interaction between the website and social media).
If you block these cookies, the website may not function properly. You can choose to disable cookies. You do this by using your browser settings. You can find more information about these settings on the website of the provider of your browser.
Protection of personal data
Q-lite protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data. We use various technological and procedural information security control measures to protect your data against loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
How long are your personal data stored for?
Q-lite will not store your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes that were documented in this privacy notification.
Q-lite applies the following retention policy for this:
- Q-lite considers customers and suppliers to be active if a purchase of a product or service has been made in the last 3 years;
- If no purchase has been made in the last 3 years, the customer / supplier is considered inactive and the retention period of 7 years starts at this time. All personal data is therefore deleted 7 years after a customer / supplier has been put inactive.
What are your rights?
You have various rights with regard to the personal data that we process about you. In particular, you have the following rights:
- to access and make a copy of your personal data;
- to ask us to update or correct your personal information if you think it is incorrect or incomplete;
- to ask for your personal data to be deleted, or to limit the way we use this data, if you think we no (or no longer) have a legitimate basis to process it;
- to withdraw your consent with regard to the processing of your personal data (insofar as the processing is based on your consent);
- to receive your personal data in a structured, conventional and machine-readable form and to transfer it to another party (insofar as the processing is based on permission or the implementation of an agreement);
- to object to the processing of your personal data for which we use explicit consent or legitimate interest as a legal basis.
You can exercise your rights by sending an email to email@example.com. Under every newsletter you receive from us you’ll find the option to adjust your data or to unsubscribe. You also have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority if you believe that Q-lite does not respect your rights. If you have any questions about this, you can contact us via the contact details below.Data Protection Authority
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
Tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
Fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
Changes to this privacy notification
We can change this privacy statement at all times. To keep you informed of the latest changes made to the Privacy Statement, we will adjust the revision date each time it has changed. The amended privacy statement will be used from that date. Consult this page regularly to stay informed of any changes and / or additions. We will also proactively inform you about important changes to the privacy statement.